I’m pretty sure we’ve all heard of Instagram. Is anyone else as addicted to it as I am? Seriously. I can’t stop taking pictures! I love it! My favorite part is the social aspect of it. I learn more about my blog and twitter friends not only from their words but I get a little peek into their world through pictures. I love to share pictures from my life, too. It’s like visual twitter And, bonus…I can post it to Twitter!
Last week one of my facebook friends posted a picture on facebook from an app I had never heard of and I was very curious. I clicked the picture and found that it was called Cinemagr.am. The set up of the app is very similar to Instagram except that this app lets you animate the pictures. So fun! Of course, Instagram will always be my first love, but sometimes it’s fun to have a little motion in your pictures.
I tried out a few examples to give you an idea of what you can do with this app.
the candle flames are on a repetitive loop.
One of the two flowers is blowing in the wind. I love how this one looks!
Only the waterfall is moving. The rest of the water is completely still.
Sometimes Bo gets tired of me taking his picture all the time. If he doesn’t want his picture taken he won’t look at me. This day my dad was talking to him and I called his name.
As you can probably tell I have been having a lot of fun with this app for the past week.
Some of the things I like about this app
- It’s an easy way to make an animated picture on the go (or if you’re like me and you don’t know how to do this in Photoshop).
- I like the social network-y part of it. As I said before the layout of the app is very similar to Instagram.
- You can add fun filters to your picture before you post it (also similar to my favorite Instagram).
- You can share your Cinemagrams on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. Perfect for getting the picture out to everyone to enjoy.
Things that could be imrpoved
- It would be extremely helpful to be able to adjust the brush size when highliting the sections for the app to animate. If you look closely at some of these you will see where my highlighting overlapped beyond the item I wanted to animate.
- No iPad app? Maybe some day. I tried to use the iPhone version on my iPad to make it a little easier to highlight the animated sections with a larger screen but it crashed when I got to the filters section of the app…every time!
Overall I think this is a great photography app if you are just using it for fun. If you download it you should browse through some of the other Cinemagrams posted by users. Some of them are really awesome and some will just make you laugh because they are so silly!
If you decide to try out the app let me know so I can check out your pictures.